Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Looking through a different window

Hello dear friends. Recently I've had a huge inspiration/writer's block when it came to blogging, but the fog has seemed to clear and hopefully we'll get this back up and running!

If there's one thing that I've really been thinking about lately, it's been perspective.  The other day I had a really great conversation with two of my really great friends, Heidi (almost Fleming) Headon and Amy Stevens (check out their blogs!) and I wanted to share some thoughts.

Amy was leaving that evening to fly back to Israel, and we were talking about everything that was going on in the Middle East.  It was then that I realized just how much we have to be thankful for and how sometimes we just need to have a bit of a "perspective shift."

Right now, so many of us (myself included) are so quick to complain about how high gas prices are and that it's ridiculous to have to pay so much.  But really, would we rather be in a country full of riots and continuous death or living in a peaceful and free country, just having to pay an extra five bucks at the pump?

Or, we sit and complain continuously about the weather; how it's freezing and how we shouldn't have to put up with the "bi-polarness" of Canada.  In reality, though, we could be in Japan right now, having our city washed away and searching through debris in hopes of finding our lost loved ones.  I'm not sure about you, but I'll take the -25 degrees and an extra 5 bucks for gas over that any day.

What I'm trying to say is that sometimes we need to look at things through a different window and remind ourselves just how blessed we are to live in the country that we do.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment