Monday, March 12, 2012

Say Adios! to dry lips with Thursday Plantation's Tea Tree Lip Balm


Canadian winters are so unpredictable. Right now, it's -11 degrees outside, and according to my Weather Network app, it's going to be a scorching +21 degrees on Thursday. If that doesn't mess with your body, I don't know what will!

If you're anything like me, the winter does a number on my skin, from my hands to my feet, and my arms to legs, everything is dry.  But nothing compares to the damage the winter air does to my lips every season. Dry, cracked and flaky would be the three best words to describe how winter consistently treats my lips.

Needless to say, I was ecstatic when I was given a new product to try by a friend called Tea Tree Lip Balm by Thursday Plantation.  Growing up, I always knew about the power of tea tree oil, as my mom was a huge promoter (and still is) of Melaleuca products and melaleuca oil (tea tree oil comes from the melaleuca plant). But as a child, I obviously knew best and knew that something so smelly could NOT be good for you, so therefore I only used it when forced. Thankfully, I don't find the smell to be too strong at all anymore, and I have come to my senses and realized that the saying "Mother knows best" is true.

The Tea Tree Lip Balm has been a HUGE saving grace to my lips this winter. They have gone from dull and dry, to luscious and soft. The healing properties of tea tree oil are just unreal. And the easy to apply tube is great, as you can apply as much or as little lip balm as you'd like, without getting a gross, caked on feeling.

And the results are (almost) instantaneous. With just one or two applications, my lips feel soft and smooth, and are no longer chapped.

One of the things that is so great about the Tea Tree Lip Balm, is that it is free of synthetic parabens, petrochemicals, lauryl sulphates, polysorbates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic preservatives and synthetic colours. Although I don't know what half of those things are, I'm glad I'm not putting them on my lips! And it is only $6.00. Definitely a small price to pay for the investment you are making to your lips! Trust me, your lips will thank you!

Thursday Plantation also has a great line up of other personal products, from acne wash to lice shampoo, insect repellant to toothpaste and mouthwash, all the way to antiseptics and dog shampoo! I can't wait to try some of their face wash!

For more information, check out www.thursdayplantation.com and then visit www.abundancenaturally.com or Whole Foods to make your purchase!

As always, I love your comments and would love to hear about your winter skin care survival secrets. As well, let me know what Thursday Plantation products you try for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment