Monday, February 25, 2013

Academy Awards 2013: Best Dressed

Last night marked the 85th Annual Academy Awards (aka. The Oscars). It also marked the first time in the history of my that I've ever watched the whole thing from beginning to end, INCLUDING the red carpet.

While watching the red carpet arrivals, I realized that I had a lot to say about the ladies dresses! There were some absolute stunners out there last night, and some lacklustre ones as well.

I am the first to say that I am no fashionista, but I know what I like and think I have a decent eye when it comes to beautiful gowns. That being said, my thoughts may contradict many out there.

Here is my top  best dressed from last night. Do you agree or disagree? Comment below and let me know your thoughts!


BEST DRESSED

10. Jane Fonda
Jane Fonda. Although this is not my favourite dress of the evening, this 75 stunning lady rocked this canary yellow Versace gown. If only I can look like this at 75!

9. Jennifer Garner
Jennifer looked absolutely stunning sporting a plum coloured Gucci gown with cascading ruffles down the back.

8. Charlize Theron
Charlize Theron looked amazing in a white peplum Dior Haute Couture gown. She rocked the pixi cut, too.

7. Reese Witherspoon
Reese Witherspoon is my girl, so obviously she would make my list. Love the two-tone Louis Vuitton number. Such a change from what we normally see on the red carpet, which just adds the "stunning" factor.

6. Jessica Chastain
Jessica Chastain dazzled in a copper Giorgio Armani dress. She is always beautiful  no matter what red carpet she is on
5. Jennifer Lawrence
I wish this dress had a bit more of a sweetheart neckline, but there's no denying the beauty Jennifer Lawrence bestowed in this Dior Haute Couture gown. Lovely.
4. Jennifer Aniston
Jennifer looked beautiful in a red Valentino gown. Different from the sleek numbers we usually see her in, but it was nice to see her on the red carpet!

3. Jenna Dewan-Tatum
Jenna Dewan-Tatum. Can we say absolutely stunning?! This momma-to-be looked incredible while rocking a beautiful Rachel Roy lace number. (And how cute was Channing with her? Their love is undeniable!)
2. Stacy Keibler
Stacy Keibler looked beautiful in this Naeem Khan number. Love the beading.

1. Naomi Watts
Naomia Watts. No matter was this lady wears, she always looks stunning. She rocked this gunmetal Armani Prive gown. In my opinion, the best dressed of the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment