Friday, September 23, 2011
500 Days of Marriage
It's hard to believe that 500 days ago today, Matt and I officially tied the knot!
That day was one of the best days of my life, but life has definitely gotten better since then.
I can truly say I love Matt more than I even did before we got married. We've definitely had our ups and downs this past year, but each time we come out stronger.
Here are five things I've learned after 500 days of marriage:
1. I am way more particular about things than I thought I was. Okay, maybe anal is a better word. I have learned that sometimes it doesn't matter what way the edges are folded when making the bed, as long as the covers are on. If they don't fall off when we sleep, then it's really okay.
2. Always make sure to make time for date night. No matter how hectic the day, week or month, always make sure you have one night a week (or month) to get together and connect. Whether that's going out for a nice dinner at Golf's Steakhouse, or spending the weekend together cuddling on the couch and watching a season of Lost, always leave room to connect with each other.
3. Never have a deep conversation after 10 pm. I'll admit, we've broken this rule a few times, and after each one, I remember "Don't have a deep conversation after 10". It usually doesn't end up too well.
4. Who needs a duvet in the winter when you sleep with a furnace? Enough said.
5. Getting a dog really does help you understand your parenting styles and prepares you for kids. I realize that this may not be true for everyone, but for us, it has worked wonders. Thankfully to Hank, we're able to work out some of our kinks on him instead of our first born child!
I love you.